When To Hire a Professional Plus 12 Helpful Tips
Carpet cleaning is never an easy task. It can take hours to do a thorough job, and you have to deal with the mess left behind once it’s over! If this sounds like something you want to tackle yourself, then we recommend that you read our blog post on carpet cleaning tips. We will cover when to hire a professional carpet cleaner company as well as 12 helpful tips for how best to clean your carpets and when you should get the help of professionals.
- A professional carpet cleaner company is worth the investment if you have a large area of your home that needs to be cleaned. If it’s just one room or two rooms, then hiring someone isn’t the best option for saving time and effort in this instance because you still have to move furniture and clean up afterwards.
- If there are pets living inside your home, we recommend using an enzyme based pet stain remover before moving on with any carpet cleaning project. This will help remove odors from their accidents as well as get rid of stains! You can find these products at most grocery stores or online; they’re not expensive and shouldn’t take more than five minutes to apply once mixed according to package instructions.
- Maintaining your carpet is a key factor in maintaining its quality. No matter what type of cleaning you do, make sure that it’s done on a regular basis to avoid any build up or fading over time which can lead to stains and the need for more intense scrubbing.
- Dust mites are an issue with most carpets because they feed off of dead skin cells left behind by humans walking around the house. The best way to prevent these from building up? Regular vacuuming! You should vacuum every week if possible; this will help not only rid dust mites but also embedded dirt as well as hairballs from pets who shed all year long.
- For stubborn stains like oil spills, vomit, urine, pet accidents, or any other difficult messes, it’s best to call in a professional carpet cleaner company. They will have the proper tools and knowledge on how to get your carpets looking great again!
- If you want to freshen up the smell of your carpets before they’ve been cleaned, try baking soda or vinegar as natural solutions for getting rid of stale odors from pets or people inside the home. Sprinkle some onto your carpet (you should only use enough so that it doesn’t make contact with furniture), let sit for about five minutes before vacuuming away unwanted particles. This can also be used in an area rug if needed.
- Be sure to clean up spills right away by blotting them with a towel instead of rubbing. Rubbing will only work the stain into the carpet fibers which could lead to permanent damage!
- If you want a more natural way of cleaning your carpets, consider using baking soda mixed with water as a option for scrubbing away stains and dirt from surfaces. Mix according to package instructions before pouring onto carpet; let sit for about 15 minutes (or until it dries) then vacuum up any leftover residue afterwards. This is especially effective on lighter colored carpets or rugs because there’s no risk of staining them in this process.
- There are also carpet cleaners available at most grocery stores that are designed specifically for removing tough spots caused by spills like wine, coffee, chocolate sauce, ink pens, etcetera – the list goes on. These are a great way to save time and effort in between professional cleanings but don’t be fooled by their marketing – they may not remove all the stains from your carpet!
- There’s no doubt that a freshly cleaned carpet is an inviting environment for everyone living inside your home, whether you’re hosting guests or just relaxing with family and friends. We hope these tips will help make it easier for you when tackling this project yourself without having to hire someone else!
If I had to summarize my main points into five bullet points:
- Do some homework before attempting any cleaning projects on carpets because there could be certain factors which might call for hiring professionals (like if pets live inside of the home)
- Regular vacuuming of carpets is an important part of maintenance to help avoid dust mites from building up
- For tough stains, it’s best to call in a professional carpet cleaner company; they will have the proper tools and knowledge on how to get your carpets looking great again!
- Using natural products like baking soda or vinegar can be effective if you want freshen up the smell of your carpet before doing a deep clean.
- Be sure to clean spills right away so that there isn’t any chance for them to set in and cause permanent damage. Make sure not rub over surfaces because this could work the stain into fibers which may lead anything else beyond repair.
Best Carpet Cleaning Hacks to Keep Your Carpet New and Beautiful
For complementing their home décor, people use to install beautiful carpets. They are available in different sizes, colors, designs, and fabrics as per everyone’s choice. People often buy carpets for their homes because it provides a cozy feeling, but carpets are the key to accumulating dirt and dust, and maintaining carpets is not everyone’s cup of tea.
Nobody wants to get embarrassed in front of their guests because of dirty carpets. A clean carpet makes a big difference to your home. That’s why keeping your carpet fresh and clean is necessary.
But do you really have that much time to clean your carpets thoroughly? This is where professionals came into the frame. There are many professionals that provide carpet cleaning in Columbia, SC and can remove all the dirt from your beautiful and expensive carpets.
But if your budget is tight and you think that hiring professionals could be a bit expensive, you can clean your carpet by yourself by following the below tips:
Avoid any harsh chemicals:
Chemicals are the worst enemies of carpets, so never clean your carpets with harsh chemicals. These chemicals are very harmful, especially when you have kids, pets, or anyone who has respiratory problems at your home. These chemical cleaners also damage your carpet’s fibres and deteriorate your carpet. Always use environmentally friendly products to clean your carpet because the fibres are very sensitive.
Vacuuming is necessary:
If you think that vacuuming is not sufficient to clean your carpets, then you might be wrong. However, vacuuming can’t remove stains from the fibres, but it will remove the top layer of dirt and dust. It gradually sucks out all the dirt so that they won’t clog up in the carpet. If you want to make your carpet fresh for a longer time, then you can run a vacuum after sprinkling some baking soda on the carpet.
Remove stains immediately:
Do not wait for spills to go inside the fibers because they become tough to remove. If your kids ever spill anything on the carpet, then clean it as soon as possible. Different stains need different cleaning procedures, but if you don’t want to make your work hard, make a habit of cleaning spills immediately.
Always blot, don’t rub:
Sometimes you accidentally spill something on your carpet, so please avoid rubbing the spill because rubbing will only make it worse. Take a clean towel, and start to blot instead of rubbing. Blotting is an effective process because you can easily squeeze the liquid in the towel, and rubbing will only push the stain inside the fibres. So remember, never rub, and always blot.
There are many deep accumulated dirt and allergens in the fibres which can’t get out by normal vacuuming. Therefore you need deep steam cleaning, which involves penetration of steam into the carpets’ fibers and removes all the accumulated soil, grease, and dust. For steam cleaning, you must have a steam cleaner, which not everyone can afford, so people usually rely on professional carpet cleaners.
The techniques mentioned above can be used to remove stains and spots from your carpets by yourself. But if you think you can’t handle all the mess and it is a time-consuming process, then you can take help from the professionals. If you are looking for someone reliable and trustworthy, then you can consider Palmetto Magic Clean. They are one of the best companies for carpet cleaning in Lexington, SC. Their staff is friendly and helpful and provides top-notch services to make your carpet spotless and clean.
We take great pride in over-delivering on our services, so you are thrilled with the job we do each and every time. We specialize in carpet cleaning, MOVE IN/MOVE OUT deep cleaning services, rug cleaning and much more. We offer a worry-free whole home or business cleaning solution, using products that are safe for your children and pets! We guarantee an amazing cleaning job as well as honesty, integrity, high morals and values!
Request A FREE Quote Today!
Proudly serving Columbia, South Carolina and the surrounding areas for over 25 years. Specializing in residential and commercial carpet and rug cleaning, carpet dying and MOVE IN/MOVE OUT deep cleaning services.